What are good truth or dare questions for kids?
Truth or dare is one of those games that forces you to stop taking life so darn seriously.
And with these clean truth or dare kids questions, it makes for the perfect family game night. Plus, you can mix and match depending on the age of your child (and how messy you want things to get).
In this post, we start with the most fun (dares for kids), and you’ll find:
- Dares: Easy, Funny, Family, Fun, Embarrassing, & Hard Dares
- Truth: Easy, Funny, Fun, Embarrassing, & Deep Truth Questions
There’s plenty for everyone!
Dares for Kids
The kid dares are all clean and appropriate, but still make for an amazing night of fun.
First, try one of these simple dares for kids that all ages can do.
- Go outside and hug a tree for 5 seconds
- Take the craziest/silliest photo you can think of
- Hop like a frog
- Do the worm on the floor
- Try not to smile while the group tries to make you
- Moonwalk all the way around the house once
- Turn your clothes inside out and wear them
- Turn your clothes backwards and wear them
- Wear a towel or blanket as your personal cape for the rest of the game
- Pretend you are a dinosaur for 5 minutes
- Roar like a lion
- Crabwalk across the room
- Play the air guitar to a song of choice
- Make a tower that is taller than you
- Jump as far and as high as you can
- See how long you can play catch without letting the ball drop
- Do your best Batman voice
Funny Kid Dares in Truth or Dare
Here are funny and messy dares that you may want to mentally prep for before they happen!
- Come up with your best crazy person laugh
- Drink pickle juice
- Answer everyone like a pirate for the next 20 minutes
- Let someone crack an egg over your head
- Get in the shower with your clothes on
- Eat a piece of lemon
- Get everyone an object from the other room while using your hands like a t-rex
- Pretend you have an imaginary friend for the rest of the game
- Sing a lullaby and rock a stuffed animal to sleep
- Walk backwards wherever you go for the rest of the game
- Eat a banana without using your hands
- Wear socks on your hands for the rest of the game
- Wear (clean) underwear on your head for the rest of the game
- Let someone splat you in the face with pudding or whipped cream
- Act like a robot for the next two turns
- Sniff three people’s shoes and determine which are the stinkiest
- Add “whoa…that was crazy, man” to the end of each sentence until the rest of the game
- Act like an old man or woman
- Give your best yodel
- Have an argument with the couch
- Try to lick your elbow
- Eat a spoonful of mustard
- Wash your hands using butter instead of soap
Dares for Family
These kid dares work amazingly well with siblings and parents.
- Change into a family member’s clothes for the rest of the night
- Give someone in your family a foot rub for 5 minutes
- Smell everyone’s breath (which one smells the worst?)
- Let someone in the family give you a new hairstyle
- Drink from a mystery concoction your family makes for you
- Eat (blindfolded) a mystery food your family gives you
- Let a family member blow in your ear
- Balance a spoon on your nose across the room while your sibling distracts you
- Give a blindfolded high five to a family member
- Give someone a piggyback ride
- Pretend that you are someone else in your family for the next 30 minutes
- Let a family member tickle you for 2 minutes
- Try to sneak up on someone before the game is over
*Related Post: 30 Amazing Family Bonding Activities & Quotes
More Fun Kids Dares & Challenges
- Answer everyone in a song voice for the next 20 minutes
- Spend the next 5 minutes trying to juggle
- Try to rub your stomach in a circle and pat your head at the same time
- Speak in a foreign accent for the next 20 minutes
- Spin in circles until you are too dizzy to walk straight
- Try to do the splits
- Make your best origami figure out of a napkin
- Tell the group 2 truths and a lie (and see if they can guess the lie!)
- Sing the ABCs backwards
- Have a staring contest with a pet
- Try to catch three pieces of food in your mouth while someone throws it
- Bob for an apple
- Cross the room balancing a book on your head
- Do the macarena until your next turn
- Say a tongue twister 10 times straight. Pick one of these>>
- Act out your favorite movie scene
- Tango with the person next to you
- Put on as many layers of clothing as you possibly can
- Speak only in a whisper for the next 10 minutes
- Speak only in a shout for the next 10 minutes
Embarrassing Dares for Kids
Now, these embarrassing kid dares will get everyone out of their comfort zone and lead to your best memories.
- Yell your crush’s name from the balcony
- Kiss the window
- Put on makeup in the dark
- Show off your best dance moves to the group
- Act like a monkey
- Blow up 3 balloons and pop them by sitting on them
- Do a modeling show on the driveway for 5 minutes
- Let someone draw a mustache on you
- Go outside and sing a Christmas carol (whether it’s Christmas or not)
- Go outside and act like you are worshipping the sun
- Eat something while blindfolded
- Give your best thank you speech like you just won an award
- Belt your best version of “Let it Go”
- Get down on one knee and propose to your favorite object in your home
- Ask the neighbor for a roll of toilet paper
- Paint your nails black
- Hug a sign as someone drives by
- Go outside and yell whatever the group decides for you. Ex. “I pick my nose. I have diarrhea.”
Hard Kid Dares
And finally, these are the more difficult challenges. They work well with older kids (ex. 10-12, 14 years old).
- Make a snow angel outside in shorts and a t-shirt
- Write a thank you note with your non-dominant hand
- Wink at someone after every time you talk for the next 30 minutes
- Make your best commercial to sell a silly product
- Write a song about a silly object (then present it to the group)
- Talk in the third person for the rest of the game
- Hold an ice cube until it melts
- Walk around the room blindfolded
- Pour cold water on your head
- Put an ice cube down your shirt (with your shirt tucked in)
- Don’t speak for the next 2 turns
- Stay as still as a statue for at least a minute
- Eat a hot pepper
- Eat a spoonful of minced garlic
- Do 10 pushups
- Fake cry until you produce tears
- Blow bubbles in water using your nose and a straw
- Use honey as a face mask and leave it on your face for 20 minutes
- When someone talks to you for the rest of the game, respond to someone else
- End each sentence with “in your dreams” for the rest of the game
*Related Post: 25 Fun & Creative Family Night Activities
Truth Questions for Kids
Now, it’s time to learn something interesting about your kids!
Easy Kid Truth Questions
These good questions are great for younger kids or as you ease into the game.
- Would you rather be older or younger than you are right now? Why?
- What food could you eat every single day?
- What food do you hope you never have to eat again?
- How many times a day do you really brush your teeth?
- What’s your favorite school subject?
- What’s your least favorite school subject?
- What do you do at school that’s boring?
- What is your favorite day of the week?
- What makes you different from others?
- What is your most prized possession?
- Where is one place you don’t like going?
- What is something that’s not real, but you really wish it was?
- Name something you are really good at. Name something you are really horrible at.
Funny Truth Questions for Kids
- What is one weird habit you have?
- How long do you think you could be quiet for if you tried?
- Which animal is your spirit animal? (Which are you most like?)
- What do you think is weird about your family?
- Have you ever broken something and not told anyone about it?
- Have you ever broken something and blamed it on a sibling?
- What is the strangest book you’ve ever read? Why?
- Who cooks the best, mom or dad?
- What does mom or dad cook that you wish they wouldn’t?
- Where are you most ticklish?
- What do you think about right before you fall asleep at night?
- What’s the weirdest/grossest thing your pet does?
- What’s the weirdest/grossest thing you have done?
- Have you ever hid food before?
- What’s the longest you’ve gone without showering?
- Give each person in your family a nickname that fits them.
- What show do you love that mom and dad hate?
- What gross smell do you secretly kind of like?
- What word are you not supposed to say, but you sometimes say it?
- What invention would you love to create (or for someone else to create)?
- When was the last time you stared at someone? Why were you staring?
- Have you ever watched a show that you thought wasn’t scary, but it freaked you out?
Fun Kids Truth Questions
- What do you think is cool that others think is dumb?
- Tell us one thing we don’t know about you. (A secret perhaps)
- Tell us about a strange dream you’ve had.
- What does your dream room look like?
- If you could eat dessert for breakfast, what would you eat?
- If you received $100 to do whatever you wanted with, what would you do with it?
- What do you wish your parents would and wouldn’t do?
- If you had three wishes granted, what would they be?
- Have you ever pretended to be asleep but then stayed up really late?
- Have you ever told someone you were a different age than you actually are?
- What is one thing you have to do every day that you wish you didn’t have to?
- If you could buy anything at the store right now, what would it be?
- Have you ever been so into a book you couldn’t put it down? What book?
- If you could bring one video game to life, which would it be?
- If you HAD to move, where would you prefer to move to?
- What’s the last thing you googled (or asked Alexa about)?
*For a fun variation on truth or dare questions for kids, check out
Embarrassing Truth Questions for Kids
- What is something weird you do every day?
- Have you ever cheated during a game?
- Have you ever worn dirty underwear?
- Did you change your underwear this morning?
- Have you ever seen your Christmas (or birthday) presents ahead of time?
- Have you ever faked being sick to stay home from school?
- Have you kissed anyone before?
- Have you ever hid a bad grade from your parents?
- Have you ever lied to an adult?
- Are you afraid of the dark?
- Do you still get nervous about monsters?
- Do you have a crush on anyone?
- What is one little kid show you still love?
- What’s the weirdest thing in your room right now?
- Have you ever accidentally sneezed on someone?
- Have you ever peed (or pooped) in a pool before?
- Have you ever said anything embarrassing around your crush?
- What is something embarrassing your parents do?
- Have you ever farted and blamed it on someone else?
- Have you ever had a hole in your pants and not known it?
- What has been your most embarrassing moment?
- Have you ever fallen in front of a group of people?
Deep Truth Questions
- When was the last time you cried? What did you cry about?
- What are you most afraid of?
- What are you obsessive about?
- What’s a big mistake you’ve made?
- What is something you’ve said that you wish you could take back?
- When have you gotten into the most trouble?
- What is one thing you would do if you knew you wouldn’t get into trouble?
- What is one thing you’d change if you could about your life?
- What do you want to do when you grow up?
- What is one job you would never want to do?
- What’s the scariest thing you’ve ever done?
- What’s the hardest thing you’ve ever had to do?
How to Play the Truth or Dare Game
Most of us know the classic game, but it’s very simple if you don’t.
- Start with the youngest player. (Or oldest if you prefer)
2. Each player takes a turn and decides to do a truth or dare. Then, the player pulls from a pile (of truths or dares) or other members decide on a good truth or dare question for that person.
3. Continue to go around the circle (or room) until you get tired of the game. Vote on the most interesting truth or dare performed, and that’s the winner 🙂
Note: To make sure everyone is comfortable with the game, you can let each player have a "free pass" in which they choose one truth or dare they do not have to do.
To Consider With Kid Dares & Truth Questions
I hope you loved this long list of truth or dare questions for kids and that you get to playing with your family soon! It will produce a lot of giggles and make for an incredible bonding experience.